Did you know that you can stay right in an African wildlife reserve at Safari West, located in good ‘ol Santa Rosa, California? Our overall experience at Safari West left our whole family glowing. Although you can visit the wildlife reserve without sleeping over for the night, we found our stay to be comfortable and quite an experience.
We liked the
- Cabins that were unique, transporting you to a different world. The décor was African themed and tastefully done.
- Bedding that was very comfortable and cozy even though we were in a canvas cabin
- The beautiful views from our patio area
- Peaceful and safe environment where we felt comfortable letting our girls wander off on their own
- Excellent service from staff that made sure all your needs were well taken care of
- Warm and friendly community atmosphere especially at meal times
- Lack of TV and cell phone service which forced us to unplug and enjoy nature, although WIFI was available
- Excellent food – there was good variety and the food was very tasty
- Fun extras for kids – the catfish feeding and roasting marshmallows were a BIG hit.
Our girls didn’t want to leave! A few tips and to those staying at Safari West. The bathrooms are cold in the morning. Take a bath in the evening instead. Check out is very rushed, so either give yourself plenty of time or plan to carry your luggage out yourself. The morning Safaris start at 10am, so you don’t have much time to check out.
Over 400 animals roam free at Safari West and visitors can observe them up close in open-air jeeps or stay the night in stylish tent-cabins. This is one of those special places where it is easy for adults to enjoy themselves while kids are having a blast. The setting is gorgeous with scrub oak-covered hills—even without the animals it is a fantastic place. Riding in the jeep is a huge thrill for kids. The giraffes are incredible and there are some fascinating animals that I’ve never seen before. Little details are done very well—there is an outdoor BBQ for meals with a grassy area where kids can run around while adults sip wine. The tents are authentic, yet warm and comfortable.