The 3 Peaks Resort and Beach Club has a lot going for it. Despite being surrounded by cheap motels and run down apartments, this place has newly updated rooms and grounds, a 2-level hot tub, and a great location. It just needs a few tweaks, we'll get to those in a minute.
THE GOOD STUFF
Let's start with the pros:
- Updated, clean rooms
- Hot Tub and Swimming pool
- Pool table in common room
- Walking distance to restaurants, Heavenly Resort, and Stateline, NV
- The front desk phone should be answered during business hours and we encountered more than one instance when it was not. My husband and daughter even witnessed a moment where the guy behind the front desk let it ring instead of answering it.
- Invest in decent mattresses for the fold out couches. My daughter describes them as the type she's certain prisoners sleep on. They are pretty bad --- you should not be able to feel springs in any mattress! During the second night of our stay, we were given a ratty foam mattress to lay on top of the mattress then stretch a sheet over. It was a great improvement, I couldn't help but wonder why it wasn't in our room when we arrived. The reservation did indicate that four people were checking into the room.
The pool area is such a great space. I could immediately envision a hopping summer time season out there with the pool open. Why not add a winter element to it as well? I think there's enough space to put a fire pit near the common room doors. It would be a great place to do a s'mores gathering with guests and offer hot chocolate.
I would stay here again. I look forward to seeing what the management does with this property. I have a feeling we've only just begun to see the start of the improvements and changes that are going to take place here.