Visit the ranch home and grounds of Will Rogers. Tours, equestrian events, trail rides, hiking trails and more.
The 3-mile Inspiration Loop Trail is our favorite family hike at Will Rogers State Historic Park. The trail is a wide, stroller-friendly dirt fire road; popular with dogs, horses and mountain bikers alike. Some portions have a severe drop off on one side, so be especially mindful of little hikers. From Inspiration Point, you can see the Los Angeles Basin from downtown to the ocean.
If you’ve got a pint-sized runner in the family (and we do!) you’ll want to hit the expansive grassy areas found near the parking lot.
• Poison oak is plentiful in these parts, so keep hands away from native plants
• Some portions of the trail are open and sunny and can be especially hot on warm days; bring plenty of water and wear a hat and sunscreen
• Great spot for wildflower lovers come spring
• Restrooms can be found in the parking area
• Parking is $12; free with a California State Parks Pass
• Plenty of picnic tables available (even shady ones!), some with access to charcoal grills
• Expansive grassy areas are popular with families & a great place to play, fly a kite, have a picnic or just run around
• Will Rogers SHP grounds also feature ranch house tours, polo matches, horseback riding lessons and trail rides