Cool off at the Splash Pad on a hot Alabama Summer Day.
* The Splash Pad is unsupervised
* All children must have adult supervision at all times
* children under the age of 7 should be accompanied by an adult
* All participants must conduct themselves in a courteous, safe and family oriented manner
* Food and glass containers are not permitted on Splash Pad
* Climbing on Splash Pad features is strictly prohibited
* No pets allowed on Splash Pad
* Infants must wear swim diapers
* Roughhousing or violent play is prohibited
* Be mindful of inclement weather. Remember, "Lightning Kills!"
* Pad shall be vacated at first sound of thunder
* Please report any vandalism - $100 reward if violator is convicted
* Splash pad may be closed at any time due to weather, maintenance or other operational concerns
* Groups of 10 or more must have a permit obtained through the Parks and Recreation Office @ 631-6580
* Water is Chlorinated and recirculated through a filtration system
* Please report any concerns to 631-6580 (Park and Rec) or 631-8787 (Police)
We LOVE the Splash Pad in Gardendale. If you are planning on bringing a picnic lunch (which I advice you to) get there early (b/4 10:00 to secure a spot under a covered picnic area) b/c they fill up fast once the water is turned on.
They have clean and convinient restrooms next to the Splash Pad so you can change out of your wet clothes b/4 you go home. They also have drinks machines.
The kids love this place b/c they can run between the splash pad and the playground and never get bored. They playground is HUGE too!
You can rent a pavilion for a party or large group gathering (more than 10 people) so check the signs at each pavilion b/4 you put your picnic basket down to make sure you will not be kicked out later.
There are lots of great playgrounds in Birmingham, but the newest and most exciting is this free cooling-off zone at Celebration Park in nearby Gardendale. All summer long, kids of all ages can beat the heat in their swimmies, thanks to a colorful array of water guns, fountains, sprinklers, and tipping buckets. Parents can stay dry or join in the fun as well. (Open Tuesday-Sun, May 1 - Oct 15)
Get the inside scoop from parents who have been there!