Aqua Adventure is a newly opened waterpark in Fremont in the East Bay. It has 3 pools (one specially designed for little kids) and a lazy river. There's a huge tower with 4 water slides which is fun for the older kids. Kids must wear a swim diaper.
Fremont's water park is the right size for my toddler. We love water, but we're not wild about mega-parks and their crowds. This park has all we need for a fun day in the sun and water. My two year old spends most of his time in the toddler friendly water play area, and we float around the lazy river a couple of times as well. We recommend it.
(From my 6 year old) Aqua Adventure water park has a lazy river and a kids water play area with a water slide for big boys and a two for little kids. There is a huge bucket that dumps water all over you. All the kids scream and they run away whenever it dumps. All the fountains spraying water makes you cool and feels like it's raining on you really hard. I liked it a lot. I spent hours in this area with my brother. In the lazy river, there are 5 very strong jets that push you really hard when you swim or stand by it and it makes you feel like you're getting knocked over way to the other side. It was so funny. There was a big kids and parents water slide but I was too little to get on. I was a little bit sad, but the rest of it was so fun it didn't matter. The bathrooms were pretty clean. They only open at 11am, you don't need to come too early. The lines were not too long. There is also a park nearby with a playground that has lots of sand and fun play equipment.
We just went to Aqua Adventure yesterday with my 2 year old son and our friends who have a 3 and 6 year old. This is a great place, although I would recommend it for 3 years and up or for younger kids who are really into water. My 2 year old still screams bloody murder when you pour on his head to wash out the shampoo. So, if your child is more timid with the water or around loud noises, you might want to come either during the weekday or in a year.
For little guys, there are plenty of places to play
- Lil' Squirts is a little area with fountains spraying everywhere to run through and play with.
- The lazy river is fun and full of people walking. There are a limited number of tubes to float on, but they let you bring your own floaties especially for smaller kids. They also have life jackets to keep you little one afloat the whole time
- Bucket Bay is fun with water slides for the kids who are too small for the tower of slides. There's a huge bucket that fills up with water and dumps gallons and gallons of water on unexpecting kids. This happens about every 2-3 minutes and always generates lots of screaming and giggling. However, this area was a little too loud for my son.
- The pool was nice and quite and great for the kids who are a bit more timid and less into the chaos of fun. We spent most of our time here just going in and out of the water and splashing around. It's nice and quiet and usually filled with the kids who like the calmer scene.
- The water slides are limited to kids who weigh at least 50 pounds. Since I am definitely well over 50 pounds, i went for a quick run down the body tunnel slide. Thrilling to say the least since you're completely in the dark and have absolutely no idea which way you're going to turn next. I LOVED IT! It's the type of ride where you come out of and you get right back in line to do it again! Tweens and teens will definitely love this.
There's plenty of places that are in the shade, but they go quickly. Come early. Most of the crowds come around 1pm, so if you get there when they open at 11am, it's easy to pick your best spot.
The grill/restaurant has decent food, but the lines are long. They have one person manning the grill and cooks everything to order which is a bit slow. They should have burgers and hot dogs pre-cooked always warming on the side.
Fun for the price and the season's pass is definitely well worth it if you're a resident of Fremont. Will definitely be back!